Original document: https://www.damoov.com/privacy-policy/
Powered by Legal company name
and its parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates
Updated: Date of the latest policy update
Information provides us by users or clients. When you download a mobile application developed by Datamotion and related companies, sign up Sandbox account, or Datahub account, or contract for the Service, we may receive or collect one or more of the following items: name, address, email address, company name, market vertical, country, telephone number, account password, payment information, credit card information and other billing data. For example, you may provide personal information directly to us in connection with signing up, registering or interacting with DataMotion or our partners/clients through the use of the Service, when you set up an account for services, when you subscribe to email alerts, updates or newsletters, or when you respond to a survey, fill out a form, or complete or update any user or Client profile through the Service.
Company may use the information submitted, collected, received or generated from or about you or Client Customers for any of the following purposes: We receive and analyze smartphone location data to detect the start and stop of driving. Once the system detects driving, the mobile application or Telematics SDK as a part of mobile application starts recording trip data (Telematics data related to precise trip) such as Location, speed, time, accelerometer data, gyroscope data. Collected data is used for further analysis described below:
- Interpret collected telematics data into vehicle movements data including driving behavior, location, trips, and points of interest.
- To operate, provide, administer, develop, and improve the Service, as well as to operate and support the Company’s related businesses;
- To better understand how you and Client Customers access and use the Services on an aggregated and individualized basis, to track and monitor usage, to conduct quality control, to fix technical and other errors or problems, as well as to conduct market research and to respond to user desires and preferences;
- To analyze, compile, publish, sell and otherwise similarly commercialize information (other than personal information unless de-identified or anonymized), including without limitation derivative information and analyses, relating to usage and users of the Services. The foregoing includes, for example, the distribution or sale by Company of aggregate or de-identified or non-identifying data or the use of de-identified or non-identifying data to provide products or services to third parties;
- To provide personalized experiences and recommendations, language and location customization, personalized help and instructions, or other responses to the usage of our Services;
- To provide user support and handle inquiries;
- To communicate with or contact you concerning the usage of or participation in the Services, and for other customer service purposes; this could include the use of e-mail addresses to send messages and notices for the purposes described above and below;
- To offer content, services, or other products and services, including to develop new services and products;
- To comply with applicable laws, rules and regulations and any regulatory mandate or court order;
- To enforce our Terms of Service, as well as other applicable agreements, rights, and remedies;
- To protect the safety of any person, to address fraud, security or technical issues, or to protect the Company’s rights or property;
- To use in any other manner, or for any other purpose, for which you have given permission or consent to Company.
- Aggregated Data and Anonymous Data: Company may publish and otherwise disclose on an aggregated basis, information (including derivative information and analyses) relating to usage and users of the Services. Company may also publish and disclose information that does not contain personal information or is de-identified and not connected to the name of an individual or entity nor connected to similar information that would allow one to be specifically identified or contacted;
- Public Forum: Any User Content or other user information, content or materials submitted, posted, shared, transmitted or otherwise provided to public portions of the Service may be shared with the public without restriction. Company also reserves the right to publish or make publicly available any information that is already publicly available prior to the time first provided to or collected by Company or information that becomes publicly available without any action or omission on the part of Company;
- Business Transfers and Collaborations: As we continue to develop our business, we might sell the Company or its business or assets or sell or buy online sites, services, subsidiaries, or other businesses; or we might collaborate or partner with other companies in strategic transactions, business arrangements or licenses. In such transactions, customer and user information and information regarding usage of the Services (including without limitation Client data, User Content and Client Customer Data) generally would be one of the transferred business assets or otherwise one of the components of, or involved in, the transaction; we may therefore share this information in connection with such transactions or arrangements;
- Compliance with Law and Protection of Company and Others: We reserve the right to disclose personal information and any other information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law, judicial proceeding, court order, subpoena or other legal process; detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security, emergency situations or technical issues; enforce or apply our TOU, Terms of Service and other agreements, rights and remedies; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Company, our employees and contractors, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction purposes.
The Services may include or interoperate with applications, services, features or functionalities provided by third parties. In connection with such third party applications, services, features or functionalities, you may send (or such third parties may get access to) certain information about or related to you or your activities therewith. The use, storage, and disclosure of such information by these third parties is subject to their own privacy policies.
PERSONAL AND SENSITIVE INFORMATION IN CASE IF WE RECEIVE FROM OUR CLIENTS OR APP USERS, OR COLLECT ANY PIECE OF SENSITIVE OR PERSONAL DATA, DATA MOTION AND AFFILIATED PARTIES MUST NOT:
- Extend usage of received data and use it above the purpose described in the part “How is the information used”
- Handle all personal or sensitive user data securely, including transmitting it using modern cryptography (over HTTPS).
- Use a runtime permissions request whenever available, prior to accessing data gated by Android permissions.
- Not sell personal or sensitive user data.
Updated 8 months ago